Welcome to the true home of car enthusiasts, Please login or sign up to view this page thank you.

UKCC TEAM
Welcome to the true home of car enthusiasts, Please login or sign up to view this page thank you.

UKCC TEAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Dealer or car garage feedback.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
olly-midd
UKCC MODERATOR
UKCC MODERATOR
olly-midd

Any Dealer or car garage feedback. Empty
PostSubject: Any Dealer or car garage feedback.   Any Dealer or car garage feedback. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Thought I would create a thread where you can share you experiences with car dealerships of garages in your area where you have had work done/things fitted and wether you would recommend them or not.

Remember to post where they are and a website if it's worth looking at!

Ill start it of with a crappy service from Abarth Romford near London. I had a fault with my car around 2 weeks ago. I took it in to them to have a check over and I said it would be worth checking the re-circ valve as this is a common part to go wrong on these cars. Left with a courtesy car and made my way home. After a couple of hours of being at home I got a phone call from them saying what they thought was wrong with the car! They said they thought it was the wastegate but not 100% sure and to check this, it would cost £540.. Shocked You heard right.. shortly followed by him saying 'But it might not be that but you would still have to pay' ..

So I said.. OK Politely. He then said you also need a new gearbox and turbo. The prices for both of these together was £3900. They were also re-conditioned units so not brand new.

So I took my car away from them IMMEDIATELY and thought Im just going to buy a new dump valve just to try. Got it delivered, fitted it, and low and behold it was that!

So I saved myself £3815 in total for growing some balls. And for those who can't be bothered to work it out, The part cost me £85! Wink

SO overall, I wouldn't recommend going there! Smile
Back to top Go down

Any Dealer or car garage feedback.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -- UK CAR CULTURE IS BACK -- :: General Chat Section-
Jump to: